[R] For help in R coding

Bansal, Vikas vikas.bansal at kcl.ac.uk
Sat Jul 2 22:21:31 CEST 2011

HI

THIS SEEMS LITTLE BIT CONFUSING.BUT I AM USING THIS CODING AS SUGGESTED BY YOU-

df=read.table("Case2.pileup",fill=T,sep="\t",colClasses = "character")
txt=df[,9]
txtvec <- readLines(textConnection(txt))
vik=data.frame(A = unlist(lapply( lapply( sapply(txtvec, strsplit,
split="a|A"), length) , "-", 1)),C = unlist(lapply( lapply( sapply(txtvec, strsplit, split="c|C"),
length) , "-", 1)),G = unlist(lapply( lapply( sapply(txtvec, strsplit, split="g|G"),
length) , "-", 1)),T = unlist(lapply( lapply( sapply(txtvec, strsplit, split="t|T"),
length) , "-", 1)) )

THE THING IS,AT SOME PLACES IT IS CALCULATING PERFECTLY BUT AT SOME POSITIONS IT IS NOT.I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT THE SOLUTION IN BOOKS,ON THE NET BUT I DONT KNOW WHY THERE IS NOTHING RELATED TO THIS.I THINK THIS CODING SEEMS TO BE GOOD BUT I AM MISSING SOMETHING.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE I HAVE ATTACHED MY Case2.pileup file.

I AM VERY THANKFUL TO YOU AND APPRECIATE THAT YOU ARE HELPING AND TAKING YOUR PRECIOUS TIME.

Thanking you,
Warm Regards
Vikas Bansal
Msc Bioinformatics