[R] testInstalledBasic

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Fri Jul 1 19:16:59 CEST 2011

Cody,

The 'diff' program should be installed with Duncan's RTools package on Windows and if in your path, should be usable via the CLI.

From a Windows console command line, in the folder where the output files in question are located, use:

  diff eval-etc.Rout eval-etc.Rout.save > diff.txt

That will generate the file diff.txt, which will contain the line by line differences in the two files, which you can post back for review.

There is also this post from Prof. Ripley from last year:

  https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2010-May/237922.html

which may perhaps be helpful for Uwe in considering other possible solutions if locale is relevant here.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz