[R] R, Cygwin, & Vi

S beehatch at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 21:02:21 CET 2011

Thanks very much Professor Ripley.
I was running R 2.10 under XP. As part of troubleshooting I uninstalled and installed 2.11. I also updated cygwin.  This is a system-specific problem, editing still works on my home laptop.

I am running CRAN build of R.

Yes I did mean Vim.

I believe it is a symbolic link, either way, it used to work...

Yes, warning is dislpayed and no editor is presented, R prompt is returned.  How can I access the editor's error message?  Any other troubleshooting I can engage in?

Thanks for your help.
Matt

Sent from my iPhone