[R] User error in calling predict/model.frame

Russell Pierce rpier001 at ucr.edu
Mon Jan 31 02:59:01 CET 2011

R-help list and interested parties,

On Cross Validated mpiktas correctly noted that both the I() and rms
Glm/Predict solution produce incorrect results
(http://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/6684/how-can-one-use-the-predict-function-on-a-lm-object-where-the-ivs-have-been-dynam/6718#6718).
 As far as I can tell, the short version is that both I and rms leave
scale() in the formula for the lm object, so predict and Predict() run
scale on the provided newdata prior to generating the actual
prediction.  So, for now, there appears no easy way to do this the way
I hoped.  Time for me to get down to writing functions.

Best,

Russell S. Pierce, M.A.
Visual Cognition Lab
Department of Psychology