[R] Mean from confidence intervals

Peter Francis peterfrancis at me.com
Sat Jan 29 15:39:36 CET 2011

Dear all,

The data is generated from 1000 random samples of a phylogenetic tree to calculate phylogenetic diversity. I sampled the tree 1000 times at with various species communities (600) to get a random PD per community. I then want to test my observed PD with that of a random sample to test for significance.

However the script i used, output

q0.005	q0.01 etc upto q0.995

But i wanted to know the mean PD value per community based on the output, and that is where i am struggling

Thanks,

Peter