[R] R-/Text-editor for Windows?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 13:45:14 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 4:08 AM, Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Jonathan P Daily <jdaily at usgs.gov> wrote:
>> Geany also handles a ton of filetypes, but lacks a direct interface to R
>> in the windows version - I wrote an AutoHotKey script that did this for me
>> in about 5 minutes.
>>
> Could you please expand on that? I prefer to use Geany when working on
> Linux, but I always found it annoying the Windows limitation.

There is a clip2r.js javascript function for Windows in the batchfiles
collection, http://batchfiles.googlecode.com .  It gives you the
essential code that allows you to build a facility a facility to copy
the current selection or buffer to R using the editor of your choice.
The way it works is that using your editor's scripting facility you
would create code to copy the current selection or buffer to the
clipboard and then run clip2r.js (which copies the clipboard to R).
The comments in the clip2r.js source provide such actuating code for
vim but there is nothing specific to vim about clip2r.js itself and it
should be usable from any sufficiently powerful editor if you are able
to create your own editor specific code to copy the current selection
or buffer to the clipboard, run clip2r.js and attach all that to a
key.

Not related but near the bottom of the page referenced above are some
autohotkey links that may be of interest.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.
email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com