[R] mysterious error from foreach

Neil Best nbest at ci.uchicago.edu
Fri Jan 28 20:22:07 CET 2011

On my first foray into foreach I am getting this error:

   Error in function (handle)  :
  no function to return from, jumping to top level

I get one of these for each worker.

I am using the doMC/multicore back end.

At first I thought this was caused by the text progress bars that the
function inside my foreach call was trying to send to the console as a side
effect, but I still get the error after turning that off. Despite the errors
the evaluation continues and all hamsters appear to be running. The function
inside happens to be reclass() from library(raster). Can anyone surmise what
this might mean? I thought I would ask while I wait to see whether the
output is valid.

( Cross-posted from Stackoverflow http://stackoverflow.com/q/4831882/590990)

-----
Neil Best