[R] HLM Model

Silvano silvano at uel.br
Fri Jan 28 11:30:08 CET 2011

Hi Belle,

try this:

SAS:
proc mixed data=test noclprint noinfo covtest noitprint
method=reml;
class pair grade team school;
model score = trt pair grade school / solution ddfm=bw
notest;
random int /  sub=team solution type=un r;
run;

R:
require(nlme)
unstruct <- gls(score~trt+pair+grade+school, test,
                correlation=corSymm(form = ~ 1 |id),
                weights=varIdent(form = ~ 1|team),
method="REML")
summary(unstruct)