[R] Boxplot

Ramya ramya.victory at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 07:26:57 CET 2011

Hi,

 I have 25 normal and 25 tumor samples and generated 50 boxplots one for
each

Is there a possibility to alternate the colors for the boxplots

Green Red Green Red.

Example:

A  B  C  D
10 23 23 34
20 24 24 30
20 2434  34

this would generate 4 boxplot one for each. I want the boxplot for A in
Green while B in Red and alternated all the way till the end

Data I am working on.
a = read.delim(list.files()[3],header = T)
dim(a)
22011(columns)  52(rows)

boxplot(log(a[,2:52]),main = list.files()[3],col = "red")

This makes all the boxplots as red but i wanted it altered.

Thanks
Ramya