[R] How to calculate p-value for Kolmogorov Smirnov test statistics?

saray sarai.shai at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 16:40:07 CET 2011

Although I saw this issue being discussed many times before, I still
did not find the answer to:
why does R can not calculate p-values for data with ties (i.e. -
sample with two or more values the same)?

Can anyone elaborate some details about how does R calculate the p-
values for the Kolmogorov Smirnov test statistics?

I can understand the theoretical problem that continuous distributions
do not generate ties, but again - why isn't it possible to calculate
accurate p-values with ties? how does it work? what is the procedure
to calculate p-values for the Kolmogorov Smirnov test statistics?

Thank you advance,
Saray