[R] Train error:: subscript out of bonds

Max Kuhn mxkuhn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:20:03 CET 2011

Sort of. It lets you define a grid of candidate values to test and to
define the rule to choose the best. For some models, it is each to
come up with default values that work well (e.g. RBF SVM's, PLS, KNN)
while others are more data dependent. In the latter case, the defaults
may not work well.

MAx

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 5:45 AM, Neeti <nikkihathi at gmail.com> wrote:

> What I have understood in CARET train() method is that train() itself does
> the model selection and tune the parameter. (please correct me if I am
> wrong). That was my first motivation to select this package and method for
> fitting the model. And use the parameter to e1071 svm() method and compare
> the result.
>
> fit1<-train(train1,as.factor(trainset[,ncol(trainset)]),"svmpoly",trControl
> = trainControl((method = "cv"),10,verboseIter = F),tuneLength=3)
>
> --

Max