[R] Does anybody knows the default value of starting value in glm?

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Jan 26 00:15:44 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Akram Khaleghei Ghosheh balagh
<a.khaleghei at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello ;
>
> Do you know what is the default value of starting value in glm ? glm(...,
> start=c(),... )
> I know that it is NULL by default but it need a value to start iteration .
> what is this value?

Actually the typical call to glm ends up setting a value of mu and eta
from which the parameter values are calculated on the first iteration.
 See the initialize component for the particular family in which you
are interested to see how it creates mustart.