[R] Setting bioconductor repository in .Rprofile. Is there a permanent way?

Kevin Wright kw.stat at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 20:49:09 CET 2011

Of course, before posting my question, I did RTFM and RTFcode and
RTFmailinglists.  The key word in my question was "simpler".  I
rejected copying a modified version of the "repositories" file to my
home directory since it has changed numerous times with addition of
"R-forge" etc.

Here is another option.  More lines of code, but doesn't add unneeded
repositories.

pp <- file.path(R.home("etc"), "repositories")
rr <- tools:::.read_repositories(pp)
repos <- structure(c(CRAN="http://streaming.stat.iastate.edu/CRAN",
                    CRANextra="http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin",
                    BioCsoft=rr["BioCsoft","URL"],
                    Rforge="http://r-forge.r-project.org"))
options(repos=repos)
rm(pp, rr, repos)

Martin, I appreciated your clever trick of evaluating on demand.

Kevin

--
Kevin Wright