[R] Movie Question

Matt Curcio matt.curcio.ri at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 23:07:29 CET 2011

Greetings all,
I am wondering if anyone is aware of any studies that draw a
relationship between an actor and their box office gross for a movie.
In other words, is anybody aware of any databases that contain box
office movie grosses, actor & director info., advertising budget, etc,
etc. [ I did a quick google search and did not find much right off but
will keep looking.]  I would assume that movie companies, and even
actors managers must have done or (more realistically) have access to
statistical analysis on the average returns for any one actor,
director, etc, etc.

I would think that this would be a great little project.
Cheers,

Matt Curcio
E: matt.curcio.ri at gmail.com