[R] Storm Clustering using clusters in evd

dpender d.pender.1 at research.gla.ac.uk
Fri Jan 21 16:51:47 CET 2011

Hi,

I am using the clusters function in the evd package in order to determine
storm events from a wave time series.

So far I have the code working as I want it for wave height on its own but I
would now like to include the period as well.  The input data is in the form
of:

H t
H t
H t

so every height measurement has a corresponding period.

The storms are defined when the wave height exceeds a certain value and what
I am looking to do is to retain the corresponding periods relating to the
wave heights in the cluster.  This would essentially result in a cluster
with 2 variables.

Does any one have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Doug