[R] data and parameters

analyst41 at hotmail.com analyst41 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 21 03:02:30 CET 2011

(1) I have a master data frame that reads

ClientID |date |value

(2) I also have a control data frame that reads

Client ID| Min date| Max date| control parameters

The control data set may not have all client IDs .

I want to use the control data frame on the master data frame to
remove client IDS that don't exist in the control data set and for
those that do, remove dates outside the required range.

(3) We can either put the control parameters on all rows corresponding
to a client ID or look it up from the control data frame

(4) The basic function call looks like

do.something(df,control parameters)

where df is the subset of the master data set that corresponds to a
single client with unwanted dates removed and the control parameters
pertain to that client.

Any help would be appreciated.