[R] Installing package in windows 7

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 20 11:02:00 CET 2011

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011, Tal Galili wrote:

> You probably need to get your users permissions (in win 7) set properly...

I see no evidence that is the issue ....

That site seems to be offering only source packages.  So in Windows
you need

install.packages("ei",repos="http://r.iq.harvard.edu", type='source')

This can be done without Rtools in R >= 2.12.0.  Note though that it
depends on other packages

   mvtnorm, msm, tmvtnorm, ellipse, plotrix, MASS, ucminf, cubature,
   mnormt, foreach

and those have dependencies (at least iterators), so I would install
them from CRAN first (MASS should already be there).