[R] Statistical formulas

Sascha Vieweg saschaview at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 21:01:46 CET 2011

On 11-01-18 16:42, Toby Marthews wrote:

> Hi Ilya,
> If you're looking for general information about statistical tests, etc., you'll probably need to buy yourself a textbook. There are online pages (http://homes.msi.ucsb.edu/~byrnes/rtutorial.html is a good one), but a good textbook is probably better. It's a bit old, but I still recommend Fowler et al. (1998) for those who are starting out with statistical testing: Fowler J, Cohen L & Jarvis P (1998). Practical statistics for field biology (2nd ed.). Wiley, Chichester, UK.
> Toby Marthews

In the field of psychology one recommendation is (still) also:
Hays, W. L. (1994). Statistics. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth. Depending
on your German skills (if at all) THE Bortz could be a good
textbook, Bortz, J. (2005). Statistik für Human- und
Sozialwissenschaftler (6. Aufl). Berlin: Springer.

Good luck, *S*

Sascha Vieweg, saschaview at gmail.com