[R] Choosing statistical test - Fisher's Exact Test?

debz debbienaudi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 14:40:11 CET 2011

Hi I was wondering whether anyone can help me with this problem....it's been
driving me nuts, I've been trying to figure it out for months and months
without success!! Basically I have a group of participants who attended 2
experimental sessions a few months apart. I took measures of the way they
approach two tasks at Time 1 and the same two tasks at Time 2. I have
categorical data (a frequency table for each task) consisting of the goal
profiles that participants adopted at Time 1 and at Time 2. I would like to
test whether there is a significant difference between the goal profiles
that participants adopted at Time 1 and Time 2. Is Fisher's exact test the
test to use in this case?

I would really really appreciate any help!!

Thanks

Debbie