[R] median by geometric mean -- are we missing what's important?

Keith Jewell k.jewell at campden.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 10:37:42 CET 2011

Yes, of course. I think all the posts up to Bert's addressed the coding
question as asked - how to calculate a particular version of the median (not
the mean) rather than any underlying, unstated, statistical or scientific
question.

IIRC there hasn't been any indication that non-positive values do occur in
the OPs environment, so the extension to zero and negatives was (at least
for me) an R programming diversion, I was interested in robust answers to
the coding question as asked. I'd caution against any assumption that
anything I presented was applicable in any particular circumstances!

Best regards,

Keith J

news:AANLkTinqFQtHodoLw=3romDKSYiNxbWG5tQJqJM0-Vzu at mail.gmail.com...