[R] R looks for a folder not specified

l.chhay leanne.chhay at abs.gov.au
Mon Jan 17 03:31:10 CET 2011

Dear R community,

I have been getting this warning message after running a function sourced
from an R script, and can't seem to work out why R is looking for a folder
that wasn't even specified (it attaches a \NA to the specified directory,
where assess_rev has not asked to do so at all. R code has been tested by
another user and that works fine).

I have tried saving the files in a new folder and onto a different drive,
but that doesn't seem to fix the problem.. I have also checked to make sure
that I've the appropriate access options.

Has anyone encountered this problem where R starts looking for this
non-existent \NA folder?

> source("S:\\research\\boxcox\\Series_to_experiment_with\\Revisions_analysis\\assess_rev3.R")
> assess_rev(data.dir="S:\\research\\boxcox\\Series_to_experiment_with\\Revisions_analysis\\NEPAL_JUL81_B1\\lam0\\",rev.lag=13,series="NEPAL_JUL81_B1",comp="adj")
Error in file(file, "r") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(file, "r") :
  cannot open file
'S:\research\boxcox\Series_to_experiment_with\Revisions_analysis\NEPAL_JUL81_B1\lam0\NA':
No such file or directory

(I am working from a Windows7 machine, using R 2.9.2.)

Thanks!