[R] quasi complete separation in mixed logistic

Massimo Fenati massimo.fenati at infs.it
Fri Jan 14 09:50:31 CET 2011

Dear "R workers",
I have a question about a mixed logistic regression for
repeated data. After fitting a traditional logistic
regression a quasi-complete separation  with too large SE
for a covariate (sex) was shown. In these days I read a
lot of pubblication about the possible solutions of
quasi-complete separation (such as exact logit, Firth
method, delete variable, etc.). I tried with "zelig" and
"logistf" and some improvement were seen. Now I would like
to reduce the quasi complete separation bias for mixed
logistic regression, but I don't known how to do it. Is
the Bayesian inference the best choice?
Could you help me?

Thanks in advance!

Massimo Fenati