[R] rprofile.site

PtitBleu ptit_bleu at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 11 16:12:39 CET 2011

Hello Julian,

I'm not sure my answer will be very helpful to you but it seems that Tinn-R
looks for Rprofile.site at the old place (R/bin/etc). With the new R
configuration, this file is in now R/bin.
Maybe you can try to copy the Rprofil.site file to the place expected by
Tinn-R.

I also found this post  http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Tinn-R-td2952577.html
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Tinn-R-td2952577.html

Personaly, after a lot of tests, I have a running Tinn-R 1.19.4.7 + R 2.12.1
(Rgui) configuration.

I don't use the last version of Tinn-R because the re-call of the command
doesn't work for me (I have the same message than you have, that is
source(.trPaths[5], echo=TRUE, max.deparse.length=150)).

At the beginning, I had problems because again Tinn-R was looking Rgui at
the previous place and I had to give the path each time I started Tinn-R.
But changing the 'InstallPath' value in the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/R-core/R32/2.12.1 entry of the register solved
my problem (I put R\bin\i386 instead of R\bin)

Tinn-R is now able to keep the path in the .ini file and then is able to
directly connect to Rgui.
My Tinn-R 1.19.4.7 + Rgui 2.12.1 configuration is now ok (it matches my
expectations at least).

I hope you will find a way (mine or another one) for your problem.
Ptit Bleu.