[R] R Audio Problems when using Vista/Windows 7

d10sfan d10sfan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 00:07:32 CET 2011

Ive been trying to help someone with using R scripts with audio on Windows
Vista/7. The problem is that all the packages Ive tried fail to work
properly when being used on Windows 7.

I couldnt get "audio" to work at all. It kept coming up with the message
that wmm output could not happen. Worked fine on Windows XP and OS X but not
7.

Tried tuneR and the default worked alright but I couldnt get the window to
embed, as in not appear. I then copied over mplayer and sndrec32 and those
worked but I got tons of warnings about them returning error codes.

What Id like some help with is either someone knows an audio package for R
that works under Windows 7 or if someone knows a way of getting rid of the
warnings that show up when using one of the old xp applications.