[R] need help for chi-squared test

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Jan 6 21:14:16 CET 2011

On Jan 6, 2011, at 2:34 PM, kiotoqq wrote:

> I used chisq.test(read.table("C:/Users/Maggy/Downloads/dust.asc",
> header=TRUE))

So, where did you download this data and when is your homework due?

> and got this
>
>        Pearson's Chi-squared test
>
> data:  read.table("C:/Users/Maggy/Downloads/dust.asc", header = TRUE)
> X-squared = 5226.164, df = 3735, p-value < 2.2e-16
>
> and I think it should be right for the whole set,

I, on the other hand. now suspect it is a meaningless set of numbers.

> but that's not what I
> need, because I only have to use it for "cbr" and "smoking"

Do you mean you have an understanding of the potential values of cbr
and smoking in that data and that you want to restrict your analysis
to some subset defined by particular values  of those variables?