[R] Reading large SAS dataset in R

Phil Spector spector at stat.berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 5 23:51:04 CET 2011

Santanu -
    If you have sas installed on your computer, you may find using
the sas.get function of the Hmisc package useful.
    If the only message that read.ssd produced was "Sas failed", it
would be difficult to figure out what went wrong.   Usually the
location of the log file, which would explain the error more
thoroughly, is included in the error message.

 					- Phil Spector
 					 Statistical Computing Facility
 					 Department of Statistics
 					 UC Berkeley