[R] Help with "For" instruction

ADias diasandre at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 17:58:31 CET 2011

Hi,

Still with the above problem:

But for instance, i have a data base with 30 variables and I created an
object each with one varibale missing:

DataBase - has 30 variables
DataBase1 has 29 variables with the 1st variable gone
DataBase2 has 29 variables with the 2nd variable gone

for(i in 1:length(database)) assign(paste("database",i,sep=""),database[-i])

Now, I wish to create the 30 distance matrix:

for (i in 1:length(database))
assign(paste("distancematrix",i,sep=""),
dist(database[i]))

But doing like this - database[i] - I am just refering to the 1st value on
the object database and not to the entire database i.

How do I do this?

thanks
Regards,
A.Dias