[R] how to invert the axes in the wireframe() plot

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Jan 4 01:26:00 CET 2011

On Jan 3, 2011, at 7:07 PM, Simone Gabbriellini wrote:

> I am trying to reproduce this graph:
>
> http://www.digitaldust.it/materiali/their.png
>
> the default axes orientation of wireframe gives me this:
>
> http://www.digitaldust.it/materiali/mine.pdf
>
> I am trying to understand if I can reproduce the axes orientation of
> the first figure.

Well, there is more to reproducing that figure than just rotating
around the z axis by 180, which is what I now take your question to be:

?panel.3dwire

Run  the 2nd example in ?wireframe and then compare to this minor
modification of the screen arguments:

  wireframe(z ~ x * y, data = g, groups = gr,
            scales = list(arrows = FALSE),
            drape = TRUE, colorkey = TRUE,
            screen = list(z = 30+180, x = -60), )

(Rotated 180 around the z-axis.)

--
Best;
David.

> many thanks,
> simone
>
> Il giorno 03/gen/2011, alle ore 23.45, David Winsemius ha scritto:
>

>> On Jan 3, 2011, at 5:06 PM, Simone Gabbriellini wrote:
>>
>>> Dear List,
>>>
>>> I am using the wireframe function in the lattice package, and I am
>>> wondering if it is possible to invert the default axes orientation
>>> for x and y axes... what parameter should I look for?
>>
>> Perhaps you should define "invert".
>>>

>> --
>>
>> David Winsemius, MD
>> West Hartford, CT