[R] iPhone 3G App For R?

Ben Ward benjamin.ward at bathspa.org
Mon Jan 3 03:25:15 CET 2011

On 02/01/2011 23:28, Mkip wrote:
> Does anyone know if a free iphone 3G app for R is available now?
>
> Thanks,
> Matilda Gogos

I remember looking into it last academic year, because I knew there were
SQLite programs on iPhone and I was interested in remote data collection
with iPhone and initial analysis and viewing of data in R. But as I
remember there isn't one yet. There may be some scope for R in android
phones, because I read somewhere that some allow access to a terminal,
which might alleviate the need for coding a gui for the phone. But I'm
not an app coder so I wouldn't know the specifics of such a task and phone.