[R] regularized dfa rda (Klar): problems with predictions

Daniel Stahl daniel_stahl at operamail.com
Sun Feb 27 22:59:28 CET 2011

Dear all, I am trying to do a n-fold cross-validation for a regularized discrimant function analysis using rda from the package klaR. However, I have problems to predict the groups from the test/validation sample. The exmaples of the R documantation and some online webpage also do not work. Does anybody know what I have done wrong?

Here my code
# I want to use the first 6 observations for validationg the model, case 7 to 36 are
# used for the trianing:
 n_fold<-sample(1:36,36)
 testset<- n_fold[1:6]
 trainset<- n_fold[-(1:6)]
# regularized DFA with default setting (works fine)
 z <- rda(group ~ ., data=test[trainset,])
#Now the prediction:
 a<-predict(z,data=test[testset,])$class

Error in predict.rda(z, data = test[testset, ]) :
  A new data to predict must be supplied.

Whatever I do I always get the same error message (including examples form help)

Thanks a lot in advance!
Best wishes, Daneil