[R] BFGS versus L-BFGS-B

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Sat Feb 26 02:46:12 CET 2011

Thanks to all for clarifications. So I'm off base, but whether waaay
off base depends on whether there is a reasonably well defined optimum
to converge to. Which begs the question, I suppose: How does one know
whether one has converged to such an optimum?  This is always an
issue, of course, even for a few parameters; but maybe more so with so
many.

-- Bert