[R] Segfaults of eigen with blas-atlas at x86_64-pc-linux-gnu systems

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Mon Feb 21 15:02:05 CET 2011

Juergen Rose wrote:

> What are the differences between blas-reference, blas-atlas and
> blas-goto.

They are different. The reference BLAS is (relatively) slow; the other ones
are fast. If you’re happy with the performance of the reference BLAS, or
don’t use much matrix algebra-dependent code, there is no reason to switch,
though.

> And what will happen with the other blas depended packages
> as
>
> apbs, gromacs, grass, arpack, ccp4-libs and umfpack,
>
> if I switch to blas-goto? Do you have some insight?

See the R Installation and Administration manual
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#BLAS
and especially
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Shared-BLAS

--