[R] Seeking help in Package development

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 22:52:26 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Nipesh Bajaj <bajaj141003 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all, I am a new user of R and currently trying hard to develop my
> own package. Here I am following this tutorial
> 'http://www.mathfinance.cn/how-to-create-an-R-package-in-windows/'
>
> Here it says that (step 8): "open a “command prompt” window, change
> the directory to where your package is, type the command “R CMD build
> MonteCarloPi” to build the package, this will generate a file called
> MonteCarloPi_1.0.tar.gz. "
>
> According to that, I have opened the Windows command prompt window (a
> black screen window) and then changed the directory, where my new
> package (a folder in current working directory in R, as created by
> 'package.skeleton') is there. Then typed 'R CMD build MyPackage' (I
> named my package as 'MyPackage'). However doing so I got following
> error in that command prompt:
>
> 'R' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file.
>
> Can somebody please guide me what to do in this situation?

You have to modify you path, adding the directory containing R.exe so
that Windows can find R.

Alternately you can download R.bat from batchfiles.googlecode.com and
place it anywhere on your path to avoid having to modify your path
itself.  It will find R from the registry and run it with the same
arguments.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.