[R] How to flag those iterations which yield a warning?

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Fri Feb 18 17:28:43 CET 2011

Hi,

I am running a simulation study with the survival::coxph.  Some of the simulations result in problematic fits due to flat partial likelihood. So, you get the warning message:

Warning message:
In fitter(X, Y, strats, offset, init, control, weights = weights,  ... :
  Loglik converged before variable  2 ; beta may be infinite.

How can I keep track of the simulations which yield any kind of warning message, so that I can appropriately handle them in the post-processing of simulation results?

I know that `try' can be used to capture errors, but I would like to capture and detect warnings.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ravi.

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.