[R] removing lower and upper quantiles from an arry

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Thu Feb 17 18:53:07 CET 2011

In addition to the other answers that you received you can also do:

library(TeachingDemos)
i[ quantile(i,.25) %<% i %<% quantile(i,.75) ]

This may or may not be more readable than the others.  Also note that precomputing both quantiles in one step may be faster than calling quantile twice.

You could also do a partial sort of your data and just pull out the middle section (though you would probably lose the ordering in the data).

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org