[R] Write File to Shared Drive

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue Feb 15 22:23:50 CET 2011

FYI,

you can use the following to troubleshoot what is going on:

library("R.utils");
filename <- "MyFile.csv";
path <- ... # The directory where to store
pathname <- Arguments$getWritablePathname(filename, path=path);

or if you already have the full pathname:

pathname <- Arguments$getWritablePathname(pathname);

You will get an informative error if something is not correct, e.g. it
will check the path and report which part of the path is incorrect, it
will test and report on failed write permissions etc.

/Henrik