[R] A Math question

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 17:53:14 CET 2011

On Feb 15, 2011, at 15:17 , David Winsemius wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2011, at 7:33 PM, Kjetil Halvorsen wrote:
>
>> or even better:
>>
>> http://mathoverflow.net/
>
> I beg to differ. That is designated in its FAQ as expecting "research level questions", while the forum I offered is labeled as "Welcome to Q&A for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields". I don't think the proffered question could be considered "research level".

Yep.

As for the stats contents, we do actually touch upon the question in basic probability. This is the reason that sums over infinite index sets are only defined if the corresponding sum of the absolute value is finite: Otherwise the result depends on the order of summation. (Think 0+1+2+(-1)+3+4+(-2)+5+6+(-3)+....)