[R] Writing R packages in an easier way?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 20:43:03 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 7:38 AM, S Ellison <S.Ellison at lgc.co.uk> wrote:

>>is there an easier way to write R packages for the own use - without
> RTools and TeX?
>
> Installing Rtools is not hard, and doesn't have to happen often; the
> hardest bit in Windows is making sure that the requisite executables are
> on the path, and that just involves adding the directory names to the
> path environment variable. If I understand you, the problem is the time

Also you can avoid setting environment variables for R by grabbing
Rcmd.bat from http://batchfiles.googlecode.com and placing it anywhere
on your path -- note: entering the one word, path, from the Windows
cmd line shows you your path.

Rcmd.bat looks up R in the registry and then passes its arguments to
the real Rcmd.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.