[R] Finding non-normal distributions per row of data frame?

DB1984 dannybolg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 20:38:17 CET 2011

Thanks Peter.

I understand your point, and that there is potentially a high false
discovery rate - but I'd expect the interesting data points (genes on a
microarray) to be within that list too. The next step would be to filter
based on some greater understanding of the biology...

Alternative approaches that come to mind are to look at the magnitude of the
deviation - through Q-Q plot residuals, or to perform a linear regression on
each row, and select those rows for which the coefficients fit predefined
criteria. I'm still feeling my way into how to do this, though.

Is there a better approach to identifying non-normal or skewed distributions
that I am missing? Thanks for your advice...