[R] shade between two curves

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Feb 4 14:15:22 CET 2011

On 4 February 2011 at 07:55, David Bickel wrote:
| Is there a function that can shade the region between two arbitrary
| curves? For example, how can I fill in the area between these two
| plotted curves?
|
| > x <- 1:10
| > y <- x + rnorm(10)
| > z <- x + 10 + rnorm(10)
| > plot(x, y, type = "l", ylim = c(0,20))
| > lines(x, z)

Yes, this can be done using polygon(). For a worked example please see

   http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/2011/01/16#overbought_oversold_plot

which contains a complete example (for shading plus/minus one and day rolling
standard deviations around a rolling mean for financial times series):

| I would appreciate any help.

Hope this helps.  No need to post three times, by the way.

Dirk