[R] Source code of rnorm, where can I find it?

Ista Zahn izahn at psych.rochester.edu
Wed Feb 2 20:50:48 CET 2011

R source is available on CRAN, e.g.,
http://cran.r-project.org/src/base/R-2/R-2.12.1.tar.gz

Many functions can be displayed simply by typing theme , e.g.,

> methods(mean)
[1] mean.data.frame mean.Date       mean.default    mean.difftime
[5] mean.POSIXct    mean.POSIXlt
> mean.default

Many other functions are net exported (methods() will mark these with
an asterisk), but can be retrieved using

getAnywhere("fun")

.Internal functions such as rnorm cannot be retrieved in this way as
far as I know. You may have to download the source and find it
direclty.

Best,
Ista