[R] Average of several line plots

Eduardo de Oliveira Horta eduardo.oliveirahorta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 20:07:12 CET 2011

It is not clear from your message whether these data represent
functions or such. Could you perhaps bring up an example?

I'm guessing each data set contains evaluation points and function
values at those points, and that you would like to plot these
functions and the mean function all on the same graph, is that right?

If the points in the domain differ from each other, it's not as
immediate to build a mean function. A quick recipe would be to use
splinefun on each data set, generate a new grid for the domain,
evaluate each obtained spline on this grid to get new data sets and
build the mean function from there.

But without an example it's really just guessing. Hope this helps anyway.

?splinefun

Best regards,

Eduardo