[R] p value for joint probability

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 1 21:21:44 CET 2011

> Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 12:10:31 -0800
> From: NordlDJ at dshs.wa.gov
> To: r-help at r-project.org
> Subject: Re: [R] p value for joint probability

Empirically of course, the probability is not zero since it did happen :) As with the folks
surprised about floating point equality compares, there is some integration over the
quantization interval. So in fact the probabiliyt of measuring what was measured is
an integral over the floating point difference between the two closest numbers. Presumably
however you want an answer unrelated to the fp properties.