[R] p value for joint probability

moleps moleps2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 20:31:57 CET 2011

My terminology is probably way off. I´ll try again in plain english.

I´d like  to generate a scatter plot of r1 & r2 and color code each pair according to the probability of observing the pair given that the two samples (r1 & r2) are drawn from two independent normal distributions.

rr<-data.frame(r1=-rnorm(1000,10,5),r2=-rnorm(1000,220,5))

with(rr,plot(r1,r2))

Best,
//M