[R] Scatterplot Question

Surrey Jackson surreyjackson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 10:51:12 CET 2011

Hello,

I have some data where a number of events (the total amount varies)
occur at cumulating times,  I would like to create a scatterplot
(easily achieved using plot etc) of these events (the events can
either be times using poxist or I can convert them into just seconds
which is probably easier to work with), however I would like the
events/times to re-begin plotting every 10th occurrence and start
being plotted again from 0 on the Y axis.  The result would be a
scatte rplot that looks like it has lots of ups and downs in it, as
opposed to one that just keeps on going on up and up and up.  This
would allow me to compare the time of the events across multiple
sessions of data.

Now I can create a scatterplot of the first 10 occurrences and then
minus the 10th time from the next 10 occurrences so the times will be
plotted correctly on the Y axis.  However I can't make them plot in
the 11:20 slot.

I have read all the help files for plot, dotchart etc and can't figure it out.

I am after an elegant solution as I have many hundreds of data files
that I will need to do this for and I have been creating all my other
graphs and doing other anaylsis using a loop and all the files have
varying numbers of events to be plotted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Surrey Jackson