[R] Problem with intersection between two different tables

Petr Savicky savicky at praha1.ff.cuni.cz
Tue Feb 1 10:12:42 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 01:35:14PM -0800, Shishir Vor wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm a beginner with R.
>

> I have two different? tables with
> the variable name dmr1 and tp2 a given following. v1 is the common? column? field of
> the both tables. In the first table column v3 is always v2+1 while in
> the second table v2 and v3 hold the range. I want to know which rows
> of tb1 intersect with the range between v2 and v3 of tb3. I need some one's kind help to solve this problem.

Hi.

The same question was asked a few hours before. If you
are not subscribed to R-help, then use the web interface

  https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2011-January/thread.html

to search the messages with subject

  [R] how to search to value to another table

There is a reply, which tests the intervals [a, b] from tb1 for
being a subset of [c, d] in tb2. If you need to test a nonempty
intersection, it is slightly more complicated, but not much.

Are you from the same research team?

Petr Savicky.