[R] Calculate survival function for AFT model

Milan Bouchet-Valat nalimilan at club.fr
Sat Dec 31 00:19:58 CET 2011

Le vendredi 30 décembre 2011 à 12:46 -0800, thebennjammin a écrit :
> I have fit an accelerated failure time model using coxph, and have what seems
> to be a simple question that I can't figure out.
Please specify the exact package, functions and actual code you use.
coxph(), as the name says, runs a Cox *proportional hazards* model,
which is different from an accelerated failure time model. You should
use survreg (package survival) if you want to run the later family.

> Given a vector of predictor values X, the survival time S[t|X] is the
> probability the entity will survive longer than some time t.  Now, how do I
> calculate this for a specific value of t?
Package rms offers convenience functions to compute and plot this. See
psm() and predict.psm().

Regards