[R] Contingency tables example

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Dec 28 19:17:44 CET 2011

On Dec 28, 2011, at 12:48 PM, Steve_Friedman at nps.gov wrote:

Steven:

Why are you sending copies to r-help-bounces????? Do you think the
moderators need an extra copy?

> This is a elementary problem concerned with tests of association.  You
> should read up on  categorical statistics,  chi square tests, and
> general
> linear models.

Along those lines, Thompson's "R accompaniment" to Agresti's text on
"Categorical Data Analysis" is simply wonderful:

https://home.comcast.net/~lthompson221/SplusDiscrete.PDF

It's not surprising that Agresti recommends it on the book's homepage:
http://www.stat.ufl.edu/~aa/cda/cda.html

However, I suspect the OP might be better off with Agresti's "An
Introduction to Categorical Data Analysis (2nd ed. 2007)". So perhaps
following the link on Agresti's page to the linked and  website could
be a first visit for worked R code examples. But when I followed that
link I didn't find much that seemed appropriate for a beginner in R.
Maybe looking at Friendly's website which was in the links at Bilder's
site:

http://www.datavis.ca/courses/grcat/

--
David.