[R] Summing Data in R

steven.hazen steven.hazen at msu.montana.edu
Tue Dec 27 18:17:16 CET 2011

Currently I have a data set looking like:
License  Species  Year      HD     Quota    L.R.QTA    L.R.QTA    Success
Surplus
Permit    Elk            1999    101     50           87                 90
151           10
Permit    Deer        1999    101     50           20                 10
151           8
Permit    Elk            1999    101     50           87                 90
20             9
Permit    Elk            1999    101     50           60                 20
151           10
A9           Elk            1999    101     40           87
30            241           10
A9           Elk            1999    101     20           50
50            154           8
A9           Deer        2000    101     50           87                 70
161           10
A9           Deer        2000    101     30           80                 70
181           16
DeerB    Elk            1999    201     50           87                 70
161           19
DeerB    Elk            1999    201     60          87                  90
151           18

This dataset goes from 1999-2010 and I'm trying to sum all variables for by
hunting district and year. Therefore instead of having individual stats by
each HD I want to sum the stats that correspond to say year 1999 and HD 101.
Does anyone know an easy/quick way to do this? I'm a new user of R and Any
help would be much appreciated.

Steve