[R] linear interpolation of time series

R. Michael Weylandt <michael.weylandt@gmail.com> michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 02:35:48 CET 2011

Agreed with David - if you don't even know how many points there are between your observations, you can't do any meaningful interpolation.

Perhaps something like

out <- seq(min(x), max(x), length.out = 20)

But that has it's own presumptions.

Perhaps talk a little about your data and how the missingness arises...it also might be easier to leave the NA's in depending on the subsequent analysis you intend to run.

Michael